- RSS Channel Showcase 1520744
- RSS Channel Showcase 2545191
- RSS Channel Showcase 7156879
- RSS Channel Showcase 4386437
Articles on this Page
- 09/18/13--08:00: _Displaced in the Ph...
- 09/19/13--10:00: _Waiting to do the t...
- 10/02/13--04:00: _Berlusconi attends ...
- 10/09/13--03:00: _Tooth brushing on t...
- 10/09/13--03:30: _Blessings in the rain
- 10/09/13--04:00: _Factory Fire kills ...
- 10/14/13--10:30: _Preparations for th...
- 10/21/13--12:00: _Memorial for Lamped...
- 10/25/13--06:00: _In the hot seat
- 10/30/13--04:30: _Women in South Kore...
- 11/05/13--11:30: _Bombardier Boris fi...
- 11/08/13--11:30: _Freedom of the road
- 11/26/13--06:30: _A child stands alon...
- 11/29/13--10:30: _Syrian fighter take...
- 12/05/13--06:30: _Afghan midwives att...
- 12/11/13--07:00: _Santa’s helper
- 12/19/13--05:00: _A rainbow of colour
- 01/02/14--08:30: _Keeping an eye on t...
- 01/02/14--10:00: _Car bomb in Beirut
- 01/06/14--07:00: _Waves breaking on P...
- 09/18/13--08:00: Displaced in the Philippines
- 09/19/13--10:00: Waiting to do the tiger dance
- 10/02/13--04:00: Berlusconi attends the Senate
- 10/09/13--03:00: Tooth brushing on the banks of the Ganges
- 10/09/13--03:30: Blessings in the rain
- 10/09/13--04:00: Factory Fire kills at least nine in Bangladesh
- 10/14/13--10:30: Preparations for the feast of sacrifice
- 10/21/13--12:00: Memorial for Lampedusa dead
- 10/25/13--06:00: In the hot seat
- 10/30/13--04:30: Women in South Korea demand empowerment
- 11/05/13--11:30: Bombardier Boris fires the salute
- 11/08/13--11:30: Freedom of the road
- 11/26/13--06:30: A child stands alone in Tacloban
- 11/29/13--10:30: Syrian fighter takes his position
- 12/05/13--06:30: Afghan midwives attend graduation ceremony
- 12/11/13--07:00: Santa’s helper
- 12/19/13--05:00: A rainbow of colour
- 01/02/14--08:30: Keeping an eye on the renovation
- 01/02/14--10:00: Car bomb in Beirut
- 01/06/14--07:00: Waves breaking on Porthcawl harbour
A resident, one of the thousands affected by the stand-off between government soldiers and Muslim rebels, sits atop his wooden boat next to their makeshift shelter along the sea wall in Zamboanga City, in the southern island of Mindanao in the Philippines on Wednesday Read more
Artists with painted bodies wait to perform the “Pulikali”, or tiger dance, during the Hindu harvest festival of Onam in Kerala, south India. Pulikali is a colourful recreational folk art revolving around the theme of tiger hunting. Read more
Italian center-right leader Silvio Berlusconi attends a Senate meeting as Italy’s Prime Minister Enrico Letta calls for a confidence vote in Rome. Letta said on Wednesday that the government’s survival must be separated from the legal troubles of Berlusconi and that its collapse could be “fatal” for the country.
Labourers brush their teeth with neem twigs on the banks of the Ganges river in Kolkata, India.
Pope Francis blesses and waves to the crowd as he arrives for his weekly open-air general audience in St Peter’s Square at the Vatican. Read more
People watch the rescue operation from outside the factory after a devastating fire at the dyeing section of two-storey Aswad Composite Mills at Maona, Gazipur, Bangladesh. At least nine people were killed when a fire broke out at an apparel factory on the outskirts of Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh.
Afghan men tend their animals at a livestock market set up for the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, or “feast of sacrifice”, in Kabul, Afghanistan. Muslims all over the world celebrate the three-day Eid al-Adha, which starts on Monday, by sacrificing sheep, goats, cows and camels, to commemorate the Prophet Abraham’s readiness to sacrifice his son, Ismail, on God’s command. Read more
A Eritrean woman attends the commemoration ceremony for the victims of the boat disaster off the Lampedusa coast in San Leone near Agrigento, Italy. Victims of the disaster, in which more than 300 asylum seekers died, have been buried in unknown vaults despite Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta‘s promise to hold a state funeral for the dead. Read more
A motorbike rental vendor relaxes as he waits for customers in Goa, India. Raghuram Rajan, Reserve Bank Of India governor, said in New Delhi yesterday the central bank would address all policy concerns in a review next week, spurring speculation he will continue intruding measures to tackle inflation and the economic slowdown simultaneously. Read more
Participants of an annual convention of women’s advocacy groups chant slogans vowing to empower women, in Seoul, South Korea. President Park Geun-hye spoke at the convention and promised to make the country a better place for women, with more jobs and opportunities, and less gender-based discrimination. One of the slogans was ‘Becoming one Korea, through women’s power.’ Read more
Mayor of London, Boris Johnson firing the salute from the Honourable Artillery Company’s 105mm light gun to mark the launch of London Poppy Day at Armoury House, home of the Honourable Artillery Company (HAC), London.,
A cyclist rides on an empty road in Guangzhou, China.
A child stands on a wooden cart among destroyed houses in Tacloban, Leyte province, Philippines. The involvement of the US in the rescue effort after the devastation caused by Typhoon Haiyan highlights the need to expand the US’s military presence in the Philippines, foreign secretary Albert del Rosario said on Monday.
A Free Syrian Army fighter, surrounded by sandbags, takes up position as he aims his weapon into the old city of Aleppo, Syria
Newly qualified midwives attend a commencement ceremony at the Governor’s House in Jalalabad, Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan. About 40 midwives graduated after undergoing a two and half year midwifery programme.
An aquarium staff member dressed as Father Christmas hugs a zebra shark at the Sunshine International Aquarium in Tokyo.
Flames rise from burning cars at the site of a car bomb that targeted Beirut’s southern suburb of Haret Hreik. A large car bomb killed five people and wounded at least 20 in south Beirut, a health ministry source told AFP. Read more
People watch and photograph enormous waves as they break on Porthcawl harbour, South Wales. The UK has been hit by storms and flooding over the past week